Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Proper Gentleman Mini Album

Here is a mini album made especially for a young man. The album is 8 x 8. I used Graphic 45's "A Proper Gentlemanpaper collection. I know that it can be extremely difficult to design an album for any man, whether they are young or old. So, I keep this album simple, with little embellishments. I made it using chipboardpaper bags and toilet paper rolls for the inserts and chipboard for the cover. The Cinch was used for the binding. It holds mattes for those school size pictures, such as the 2 x 3, 3 x 5 and then wallet and 4 x 6 size also.

 I place a 4 x 6 photo matte to start off the album.
 A small band holds mattes for the wallet size photos.
 I used a piece of red cardstock to make a smaller size insert.
 A paper bag is used for this page along with a toilet paper roll.


 I love the manly feel of this album.
 I did cut several cars from the paper to decorate the album.

 I made another small band to hold a journaling tag.

The back cover.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mini-album...Il est superbe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing album, I love the papers. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, your work is so inspiring! This is so beautiful, you have such a good eye, I've learned a lot by following your blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great album! It so hard to do masculine things and I just love this! As always, your work is amazing! I am thinking about doing something like this for my father and copying his old black and white photos of his dad and brothers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzie, I'm new to your site and LOVE LOVE LOVE your FIRST ABC Primer Mini Album. Is there a way for you to email me the measurements for that one? I couldn't find a way to email you directly with this question. Thank you for all your inspiration!
    Kathy Simpson :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Susie! I just love your albums! Thanks for all your inspiration. I can't wait to start crafting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie, this would be so cute to use for my grandson.

    Sandy D.

    ReplyDelete