Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vintage Junk Journals

Here are just a few photos from two more Antiquities Vintage Junk Journals I  made. They measure 9 1/2" x 6"  and have chipboard covers. I used coffee stained manila folders, stained #10 envelopes, stained ruled notebook paper, coffee sleeves, old vintage photo postcards, stained tags, stained vintage car magazine inserts, vintage paper bags,  and paper from the Antiquities collection. I used G45 and Tim Holtz stamps and each album has 2 charms hanging from the binding. They are both are assembled differently and are both similar to the Antiquities Vintage Smash/Junk Journal that I made in a swap recently. Below is the video link to give you an idea of what the inside looks like. I didn't use the Starbucks paper bag in these two journals, instead I used the vintage paper bags
Video link:   http://youtu.be/fSvzCUiVVDs

#1 Vintage Junk Journal
I added a pocket on the front.
This is the journal opened up.

A stained manila folder.
 Stained envelope with a Tim Holtz Stamp.
 Manila folder.
 Old black and white photo.
 Above insert is a very old photo.
 Vintage paper bag.
 The back cover.


#2 Vintage Junk Journal
I added a small lace trim on the cover.
Opened journal.

Tim Holtz Stamp.

 Coffee sleeve.
 Old Photo.

 Stained envelope.

 Stained manila pocket and ruled notebook paper.
 Tim Holtz stamp.
 Another vintage photo.
 Back cover.

8 comments:

  1. this is really amazing! I just love every bit of it!
    Hugs
    Clelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love all those pockets you created, they add so much mystery to the journal. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie! This is fabulous, I love the vintage album is so pretty. Very good idea to use the envelopes as a page, I love what you do, congratulations and continued good work of creation. C'est superbe comme toujours, j'adore votre travail, bravo pour ce magnifique journal! Bye..bye..have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie..Just love Junk Journal #2. I keeping looking & looking at the pics. Must try making one, your are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie, I just discovered you...I know, I know, where have I been that I just now found you! LOL! Well, anyway, I found you on of course YouTube and you just stun me with your talent so I had to come over to tell you that, and thanks so much for sharing your talent with the rest of us! I just became your newest follower so I'll be popping over to say Hi now and again!
    Hugs and thanks again,
    Beth P
    Harrisville, New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, your albums are sooo inspiring. I haven't been to visit for a few weeks, but am so in awe of A Ladies' Diary album you posted back in June. We've only just received those papers in the last week or so and you've given me so many ideas. And these Vintage albums are just gorgeous! Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im just wondering how did you colour the papers? Not with coffee stain but the the ones that have colours?

    ReplyDelete